|People Are Crazy|
|Season 3, Episode 3 (21)|
|Air date||June 2020|
|Something I Can Never Have||Heaven's A Lie|
OLIVIA REACHES OUT TO RACHEL- When Olivia Archer decides to take Rachel Davies under her wing as part of her gambit against Tristan de Martel, the results are catastrophic for the team. Meanwhile, Josephine Salvatore finally gives birth and Mary Louise Fairchild goes solo to get what she wants from Sage. Meredith Sulez discloses what she saw in the dream world to a curious Henrietta Feyers. Katherine Pierce relishes the power she has over Nora, but her happiness is short-lived. Salvador Sulez has a shocking realization about his niece. When Meredith Sulez comes down with a deadly virus of celestial origin, Tristan de Martel uses the opportunity to strike a deal with a desperate Henrietta Feyers. Josephine Salvatore tackles single motherhood, with Katherine Pierce and Sage Meddenhall causing a ruckus along the way trying to help her. Nora Hildegard has a heart-to-heart with Mary Louise Fairchild and Olivia Archer takes advantage of a hallucinating Meredith.
- Shelley Hennig as Meredith Sulez
- Oliver Ackland as Tristan de Martel
- Indiana Evans as Josephine Salvatore
- Michelle Ryan as Katherine Pierce
- Scarlett Hefner as Nora Fairchild
- Teressa Liane as Mary Louise Fairchild
- Rebecca Breeds as Aurora de Martel
- Riley Voelkel as Freya Mikaelson
- Taylor Cole as Sofya Voronova
- with Amanda Schull as Henrietta Feyers
- and Sophia Bush as Olivia Archer
- Tricia Helfer as Sonja Moran
- Krysten Ritter as Natasha Elkin
- Cassidy Freeman as Sage Meddenhall
- Haley Ramm as Ariane
- Taylor Kinney as Mason Lockwood
- Chloe Bennett as Gemma Chalise
- Tracy Ifeachor as Aya Al-Rashid
- and Jennifer Morrison as Rachel Davies
- Antagonist: Rachel Davies
- This is the first episode to focus on a major antagonist. The episode is also centric to Olivia Archer, making it a "shared centricity" episode.
- Josephine gives birth to her child with Mason Lockwood in this episode.
- This episode takes place on June 28, 2012.